Ethno village Stanišići is located at the exit road from Bijeljina, three kilometers from Pavlovic’s bridge. Outside of this time and space, it takes us back to ancestors and provokes admiration for the simplicity of the former lifestyle. Eyes and heart are being relaxed here, a human becomes generous and wise, listening to babbling a stream and watermill.
Ethno village Stanišići was founded in 2003 thanks to Boris Stanišić’s inspiration. More than a few years he was traveling through villages of Middle Bosnia looking for old houses and items which would save the knowledge about some period and culture from the end of the 19th century and the beginning of the 20th century. The result is the authentic mountain village in the heart of Semberia plain. The village consists of two units nowadays . one unit presents secular life and it is made of wood. It consists of wooden houses – cottages with housewares which have belonged there for centuries. The cottages are connected by stone paths and in the center of the village are two lakes. The unit other presents spiritual life and it is made by medieval architecture in stone which is actually a group of replicas of historic and religious importance. The village consists of watermills, a dairy plant, a blacksmith’s, stone water-mill, barn, and authentic wooden houses with the exhibition of housewares and costumes. The mill was made in 1937 and it is still in use as well as the watermill from 1917 where flour is being milled for the bread which is served in our restaurant.inside you can find anything what a miller needed for living and milling flour. A dairy plant is from 1948. This is a small house for keeping and processing milk with all wooden dishes. Dairy plants used to be well-aired and clean, and the entrance was only allowed to the women who worked there. The houses are of Dinaric type, made of wood and with high roofs. This is a small locality with apartments which are authentic outside but interior is completely adapted to modern time. In one of the houses is a souvenir shop which sells products of old crafts and handicrafts. A few more objects are in process of building and this is where a blacksmith’s, cotton-mill and potter’s workshop will be. All objects of this unit are near the lake and stream which winds among them. The objects are connected by stone paths. Clean water from the stream is all over the village and this symbolizes life, duration and existence. Spiritual unit takes us back even deeper in the past and consists of replicas from different Orthodox places. It is connected with the secular unit by a big stone bridge which is a replica of Kozja Cuprija in Sarajevo. Over this bridge you come to the Christening room which is built according to a small church on Alaska. In the heart of this unit is St.Nicola monastery (a replica of Kumanice monastery what is Nemanici’s foundation) where fragments of relics of czar Uroš and St.father Nikolai. Next to the monastery is a monastery house which presents remarkable example of medieval building. Nearby the monastery house is a stone amphitheater with 380 places, designed for public events outdoor.